Monday, March 18, 2013

Update!

I checked my blog and couldn't believe it had been since DECEMBER that I posted!
This is probably my longest blogging drought ever. So I figured it's time for an update. I really don't have any pictures. (With my phone being ancient...I get a new one soon. I haven't been taking the pictures I should)

January was a great month for us. I had a birthday turning 32. I sometimes forget I'm 32 and have to ask Brad how old I am. I guess it's already starting :)
The day was great. Both Brad and I took work off and we were able to do a session at the temple. It was wonderful. And then we picked up Dale for dinner.

We also started trying to be healthier this year. It's not really been about the weight loss. More of a lifestyle change. It's been awesome. We still eat what we love but just tweak things a little. Instead of Sour Cream, Plain Greek Yogurt. Green Smoothies in the morning. Hardly ANY fast food. More fish and I've cut down on the diet coke :( I'll have an occasional one. And meal planning. We've also been going on walks (Brad on runs) and we've really enjoyed it. For Christmas we each got  fitbit which counts steps, stairs, calories burned and miles. Brad is training for 4 marathons this year and I couldn't be more proud of his progress. He had dropped 30 pounds! He is so determined and goal oriented it amazes me!

We had a great Valentines Day. Brad spoiled me of course with beautiful flower he sent to work and a few gifts waiting at home for me. That night Dale, Brad and I went out to the Chinese Gourmet and STUFFED ourselves. It was so delicious and I was so happy to spend it with my boys.

Dale had a birthday last week and turned 11. We picked him up right after work and celebrated at Red Robin. It was yummy and Dale got to have a milk shake afterwards. We went back home after that and he played with a few of his gifts before it was time for him to go back to his moms.

This past weekend brad surprised me and took me up to Woodland to a really nice bed and breakfast. It was such a sweet and fun surprise. He brought in an overnight bag and told me to pack for two nights we were going somewhere. I feel so beyond blessed to be married to Brad. I wish every girl could be treated the way he treats me. He is the best husband and friend i could ever hoped for. He really was so worth the wait. 

We were both released from our callings as the nursery leaders and Brad was put in as Sunday School 2nd Counselor. And I was called as the Young Women's Secretary.We are both looking forward to these new callings.

Dale is doing great. Just as happy as ever. He also got a fitbit for his birthday and he is a mini Brad. He walks around the house in circles so that he can get his steps in for the day. It really is a fun little thing to keep you moving. 

Well I've probably bore you all to death with my rambling...but that's us for the last little while! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good to have an update Suzie! So glad you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your new "couple" blog! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete